FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:11 am
Clarkcc1

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Lufthansa F awards & upgrades book into O. A is the booking class for discounted revenue F.

Now what could the reason for the confusion is that United abandoned the use of A and O for first because those fare buckets are now used for their premium economy cabin. This has led to some confusion since O and A now show up on UA codeshares op by LH because they map to G&E.
I just talked to a sixth agent and she went so far as to pull up a specific ORD-FRA flight and requested a J-F upgrade with a GPU and her system said it would book into A class. I said this appears to be a change from the past, and to continue verification, I asked about coach to business. That still books into I - India class same as free/award ticket business class.

My pure guess here might be that from the United side, the lowest eligible business to first booking code is D. I believe Miles and More can book as low as P papa class to upgrade to First, right? Well it seems quite clear as of now if us United'ers buy D class on LH we can upgrade with a GPU into A class.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 21, 2019 at 5:45 pm Reason: quote update to reflect Moderator edit; Removed response to deleted content