FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL Call Wait Times
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:08 am
VSLover

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes. Some quite long delays in recent days but I have had some excellent service when I finally got through!

i completely agree as their service 99% of the time is superb!

yesterday i became violently ill with food poisoning. i was meant to travel to DUB for a work dinner then depart DUB-LHR-JFK in F today for hols. i was moved to a later DUB flight last night to make the turn-around, however the uber got lost to LCY (eyeroll) and as i needed to check a bag, missed that flight.

called GGL line and was told i need to pay 4k to drop the first leg. as i was not in the mood for that the agent advised going to LHR today to "see what can be done" so after some thought, i needed this flight to JFK so called back ready to pay up and explained the situation to the new agent who got me sorted, fee free. bless her as my stomach couldn't handle much more upset yesterday!

side note--last night's calls reminded me of the annoyance with BA closing up shop for GGL at 8pm! given the location in the UK and routes, i occasionally run into this time issue, but a tad frustrating.