FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:37 pm
MattEvan

Originally Posted by specboi
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding a request I have for the concierge team at Aman Tokyo.

​​​​​​Before I start, I have to say this team seems to be the weakest compared to the other two hotel concierge team I'm talking to right now. (Upperhouse and Amanoi). They seem to always misinterpret my emails or avoid answering my questions directly.

So during my trip to Tokyo, I would like to dine at a ramen restaurant that is located about 40min away from Aman Tokyo. The restaurant does not take reservations and runs on a ticket system, bascially you have to go around 7am to get a ticket and come back around 11-12pm to have your lunch. The actual time depends on how early you get there.

I have sent two emails to the concierge team to ask if a) we can make a detour there during my airport pick up to get a ticket, before heading to the hotel or b) to have the hotel grab the ticket for me at 7am and then when I get to the hotel I can grab the ticket and then head out to the restaurant. (My flight lands at 6:50am)

​​​​​​the first response from the hotel was an explanation of how the ticket system worked, which I already knew and was not my question. After responding and clarifying (or I thought I did) the response was 3 different options on how I can get yo the restaurant from the hotel, train, taxi or hotel car. Without mentioning at all if the hotel can help take care of this for me, or of the airport transfer can take a detour.

So is this a case of lack of English? Or is the way the hotel is polietly telling me no and that I have to go get the tickets myself? Is my request reasonable or am I asking for too much?

Thanks in advance for the help/feedback
​​​
The queue is sacred. Part of the reward and joy is in the effort required.

Tsuta is overrated, FYI. Go to Kahari honten instead. Much better ramen.