FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:13 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I agree, the pool at BSH is really nice. There have been plans to bring back an outdoor pool and expanded spa at CLL, but I believe they are still working on approvals from Parks Canada. They are not allowed to expand the footprint of the hotel any further, so the present day area is what it will always be, but the space from the old pool, which was just filled in and never reclaimed, is the proposed space for the planned new pool. Who knows how many years it will take to get an approval from the government. I guess being within a national park has its limitations, and for good reason.

We're at the hotel now, and also could not get an early checkin. Not surprising considering we checked in on the holiday long weekend, when they're probably near sold out. However, it's a change from the good old FPC days with guaranteed early checkin.

Our meals have all been fabulous. Ate at Lago, Lakeview Lounge, Alpine Social and Poppy so far. We always eat at Walliser Stube at the end of our stay. They have cut back menus a bit at the Lakeview Lounge, with a temporary kitchen set up to replace the main kitchen and the Fairview restaurant down for renovations. They have been opening other spots for dinner that are not normally open in the winter to make up for it. I saw some renderings of the planned new restaurant and bar, and it looks just fantastic. Opening is, however, delayed until May now. It will be much larger than the previous Fairview, taking over the meeting space that used to sit between the Fairview and the Lakeview Lounge.

The only complaint I have about our stay is we found the shuttle service to the ski hill a bit disorganized and a bit under capacity during busy periods. We never experienced that on earlier trips. I mentioned it in passing, and they sent up some wine and offered a private transfer for future days on the hill. Not necessary, but appreciated nonetheless.

No issues with our suite. Big, with lots of windows looking over the lake, and tons of storage space for our bulky and many clothing items and sports gear.