FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winnipegger surprised WS bag fees charged in CAD on trip to U.S. but USD on return
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:55 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Rick, you seem to love to give all your money to WJ because you like to fatten their bottom line. WJ needs people like you. Why bother coming on here to spew the corporate cool-aid as an apologist? This is a forum for people to minimize spending and maximize benefit, not the other way around.?
You have this mistaken impression that WestJet owes either explanations for charging what others charge or that they should operate more cheaply than others so you don't have to pay. It isn't going to change. The part about how they should have to explain to you or anyone is just silly. It's obvious why they charge in this way, so instead of gnashing your teeth over this either pay it, pay for a fare that includes it or fly on another who all charge the same or more. If I owned an airline operating out of the US where I have to pay in US for ground services, I'd charge in US also.

What do you expect them to do? I can answer that for you. Because you are impacted and take it as a personal affront your you and apparently on behalf of all passengers, they should charge less. Well, let's expand the benevolence to free food, no cost for Plus, Plus for 1/2 the cost of economy, and more. Limo service point to point? They are a public company that is doing weakly. They are changing that. You don't have an alternative and they know that.

The market devolved to people wanting Greyhound fares (how's Greyhound doing?) and Cadillac service. That worked less than well. So guess what? It's gone, kaput, done for, extinct. Greed and entitlement killed all the opportunity.