FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:03 pm
mrfreezetas

Originally Posted by hamburgl4r
Thanks everyone for the insights! This thread got lively very quick! I cancelled my Aloft reservation and rebooked at 4 points. I think being near the BTS and malls will be very convenient. I HAD NO IDEA Songkran was exactly the dates we were going! LOL oh well at least it looks fun! Thanks for the backdoor tips, I'm sure it will come in handy. Are all the water fights happening throughout the day? Is everyone a target??

Also I got hit with the Extra person fee of like ~$198 for adding my son to the reservation, so I changed my reservation to just 2 people and will deal with it at check-in. Any other way around that fee?
Using the back entrance to Four Points and cutting through Robinsons department store to get to the BTS and even over to Terminal 21 will keep relatively dry.
You will find the most people parking in Songkran in the streets / Soi's where plenty of bars are during the daytime, night the it seems to drop off.

Interesting about the extra person charge when adding a child.
I looked at same dates with 2 adults and 1 child and entered age as 4 then looked a at paid or points booking and no extra charge appeared, though I did not click through to the next page.
From memory a child under 12 is free and for breakfast is charged at 50% of full rate when they are under 4.... again I'm going by memory and it is not great at best of times