FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:33 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Note some airlines require X flights on own aircraft and/or flight number for status. [Precise rules vary] For example BA has a 2/4 & QF a 4 flight rule for status. No idea if AY has a similar requirement.
BA ffp is used by some USA residents.
Thanks. I'll try to do some more research. With the extraordinary number of frequent flyer blogs, I was surprised I couldn't find a good analysis of this issue. I guess the issue is complicated, and not many bloggers fly coach and care about low tier status. Honestly, it's not even a huge deal for me to get Ruby oneworld status. But, as I said, it would be useful to me for my monthly AA flights. That said, I know I can do things like credit my cheap Qantas flights to Alaska and get full mileage credit -- which is pretty rare these days. Alaska miles are pretty useful and valuable. And crediting the flights to Alaska would probably even push me over the top to low tier Alaska status (not worth much to me, but worth more than nothing). So crediting the flights to an obscure one world airline does involve some cost to me. So I'd love to have all the facts, and then pick my best option.