FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:53 am
Need

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Had this when I first got my Fi SIM. The first activation must be in the US where they can contact the base network they use which I think is tmo.

After that I haven't had the issue, but now and then I have to move the SIM from my iPhone to my Pixel to get on a new network when I arrive in a new country. This isn't always the case. For instance I flew from Tokyo to Singapore via Seoul. When I landed in Seoul it worked fine, landed in Singapore and couldn't get a network until I popped it into my Pixel and then back into the iPhone.
This is for a regular Fi SIM right? Not Fi Data SIM? I didn't have any problem with the Fi Data SIM in the iPhone when traveling between countries. The Data SIM was activated on the computer browser (entering the SECRET CODE) without it ever plugged into a device. I did have to enter the Fi APN settings manually on the iPhone for the mobile data to work, otherwise it looks like it has connection but no mobile data.