FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels In New York
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:50 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Am I crazy to choose PH NY over FS downtown for the same rates? (Similar room type - entry level suite)

Location - wouldn't say don't care but midtown is not 'essential'

Both properties are new builds and have the same designer (YP if I'm right) - this is weird but I actually care a lot about the shower/bathroom, anyone knows if FS Downtown can match PH NY when it comes to that? Or any alternatives?
No, I wouldn't say that's crazy at all!

I like both and tend to like FS Downtown a bit better because I like the area a bit more for a better food scene and less tourists.
The FS Downtown Bathroom is great as well. I think PH's bathroom is great but can be a bit suite based. If you're in the city view suite then having a view in the bathroom next to the bathtub is great and better than FS's bathroom.

I also love the Baccarat in mid-town. Probably my favorite in mid-town for my personal taste. It's a stunning property.
Newer than PH.

A bit off track - Not sure how you booked it but booking through Hyatt Prive agents. You can likely get an upgrade from 1 bedroom suite to the city view suite at booking(within 24 hours). which would give you a better bathroom

Depending on time of year, many of my clients leverage that upgrade at booking/within 24 hours to book 1 bedroom suite to 1 bedroom city view suite or 1 bedroom residential suite to the 1 bedroom terrace suite (having a terrace in spring and fall is great for some). But often, the price jump/upgrade value from City View Suite to Residential Suite is actually the greater one to be had (could easily be $400 - $700++/night difference). So it all depends on what you value.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Feb 20, 2019 at 9:01 am