FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:22 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
My wife and I just did a points stay at Westin Hapuna from 7-12 Feb. Our upgraded room (Premium Ocean view) on the 9th floor (top level) was on the North Wing just behind the Hapuna Beach Residences block that is *STILL* under construction. Having been alerted on FT to the construction, the fact that our stay was over the weekend (no work), and the fact that we spent a fair bit of time out of the hotel, meant that the noise was less an issue than expected. Nevertheless, there was a lot of drilling noise and some jackhammering going on, which was muted but audible enough through the glass balcony doors. Upon checkout, one of the FD told us that they thought that the construction would be done by end of 2019.

While some FTers have reported that it's walkable from Hapuna Beach to Mauna Kea Beach, and the Hapuna staff certainly did not deny it, they recommended that my wife and I drive over to Mauna Kea and valet park since as Hapuna guests we would not be charged any parking fees. This was a good recommendation that worked a treat.

Incidentally, our stay on the Big Island was divided into 4 nights in Hilo (Hilton Doubletree Grand Naniloa), 5 nights at the Westin Hapuna, and 2 nights at the Marriott Waikoloa Beach.
Is the property at least disclosing the construction at booking? They weren't previously.