FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amenity Kits for 2019
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:05 am
flightrisk

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
After some more reflection, I'll say the new bags give a better impression than previous AA bags. AA says they are "luxury" and they certainly feel more refined than the previous bags. The British tan is a lovely timeless color and little touches like a pen slot, an extra coin pocket and zipper pull in the same fabric make the bag feel more designed. On a more functional level, having all of the amenities placed directly in the bag (not wrapped in cheap plastic wrap labelled "Dental Kit" as before) makes everything more accessible and a touch less impersonal. And apparent improvements to the eye mask, toothbrush, and mouthwash were all welcomed (though not tested on the daytime LHR-DFW flight).

I did not personally like the more aggressive scent the Allies of Skin lotion over the C.O.Bigelow, but I do prefer the stick lip balm; though these are obviously a matter of taste.

For those more interested in re-use, I suspect these will not be a huge success. The design I received is roughly the size of those old day planners; and similarly designed as a bifold with button clasp in the middle. Pocket on one side, and zippered compartment on the other. There is no seaming or construction to give the bag depth, and the bag bulges with the contents.

Comparison of 2018 J kit (left) to 2019 J kit (right) - some items may not be shown.

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Is it an actual mini bottle of mouthwash or that mouthwash that is one time use? I may be mixing up AA and QF. Regardless, those one time use mouthwashes are the worst. Forces me to choose whether to use it at night or in the morning!
Yes, the prior AA mouthwash is the foil covered one time use variety. The new one is a mini screw top bottle, though I don't think there is any more quantity provided, so you are likely left with the same choice.

Originally Posted by chitink
Which one was the J kit? I saw a few different styles for the International Biz/First and wasn't sure which was for which.
Apparently there are four different J designs. In the press release, this image is labelled "Business Intl Bags". I think the British tan one is rotated/repeated in the press release. You can also look at some of the bloggers' photos.