FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:13 pm
aristoph

Originally Posted by icegirl
Like I have said before if BA are serious and were to bring in world leading products to bring themselves into the front of commercial aviation, integrate mixed fleet into worldwide/legacy employment contracts and benefits all they would have to do is say have a 60% markup on tickets. This way you know the true serious premium spenders.
Are BA mixed fleet crew so badly paid relative to airlines that can deliver consistently high standards in First that it explains the service differential? I get why a £2k ticket doesn’t get you vintage wines or a private car from the lounge to the terminal, but I’m not sure why it means you don’t get addressed with politeness by the crew and have to be grateful if you receive a premium service. At the end of the day staff are a relatively minor part of the cost of an airline ticket. I don’t think it’s because they are so badly paid that BA staff are inconsistent in delivering a reliable service to their First passengers.