FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:44 pm
RB211

Originally Posted by Prospero
... So consistency across the board - certainly not. Nuanced, definitely. BA's First service is not homogenised but on several other airlines, I tend to think it is.
What I would like to see is consistency of the service itself! Unless otherwise requested, the timing of drinks and meals should be similar on similar routes. The delivery of hot towels, amenity bags, water, chocolates etc should be consistent. Like the esteemed Prospero, I am not a frequent Firster! But I do it often enough on the same routes that I know what good service looks like, when I think I'm getting everything I should be at the appropriate times, and when there's something missing.

I don't think it matters what "type" of passenger one is, service should always be delivered with a smile (unless in mourning!) and one should feel that one could always ask for anything and it won't be either accepted or rejected with attitude. They should be pleased to serve and showing it!

The bottom line is that the spectrum is too wide. Take marvelous, and all crews should be within 80% of that. I've had one or two that were struggling to make 50% (and that's probably being generous!) (And they were on 772s - is there a correlation here?)

Perhaps my expectations are unreasonable, but I do not think they are.

rb211.