FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Writing back to update. This worked out better than I could have expected. The upgrade did clear in advance and it was to a King Sea View suite. There is 1 room like this per floor, and sits in-line with the EL (so no room on 7rh floor). If one is familiar with the EL here, then the room is very much like that. Entering the EL brings one into the main "larger" seating area. For our room, that same space was our "sitting room." Off to the left in the EL is another smaller seating area with computer. That was our bedroom. Finally, the other side- where the food lives, was another room that was locked-off to us. So, we had a room equal to a large fraction of the EL

And I agree with all who said "highly recommended." Breakfast was very nice, and the EL in the evening was fine. Even though small,didn't get particularly crowded. And the food offerings were not bad.

The only odd part was that we had paid EUR120/night advance rate (so EUR 480 total). When I looked in the app after the upgrade, it showed a rate of over EUR 500/night with a total of EUR 2211! They indicated that the system just did odd things, but the original prepaid rate was still the same.

Cheers.