FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11½-hour daytime flight in darkness
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:58 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Come on now. There are 35 people on board. 35 different points of view. Some points of view - including your own - will be firmly placed. Others will have views strongly opposed to your views - don't take my word for it, you can find evidence in other FT threads on this vexed question. You cannot realistically have a referendum on this (though actually I suppose the IFE could be adapted now I think about it). Therefore no-one is going to be pleased - and logic is irrelevant here. The best way is to come up with a possibly childish rule which says "window seat controls window", and hope for commonsense adult behaviour will carry you through. I repeat that I share your view on keeping windows open.
Indeed, this one got quite animated [having been started from the exact opposite point of view] and still seems to rumbling along...

I am sympathetic to the OP and dislike flying in an artificially dark tube when there is no reason to do so. Ultimately though, if you are not in control of the windows you have to make do - I have not found the individually controllable lighting to be inadequate on any modern aircraft.