FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:44 am
kzap

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
I would definitely book direct if are Jade but to get Jade level membership you should check how Amex Platinum does it.

If you are sure to book a club room and are interested in the guaranteed upgrade at time of booking, I would go through a Luxury Circle Accredited agent (there are many on FlyerTalk) and get yourself a free room upgrade + $100 credit.

Sometimes one night stays can be cheaper if there are promotions but if there you are more interested in the perks, Luxury Circle is the way to go.

As for Jade, the amenities are mainly for frequent travelers who want to take advantage of the late checkout and welcome amenities.

Originally Posted by RG1X
Not really expecting an answer as this forum seems largely dead...

...but are there any tips for booking a Gold Circle hotel? There are two I'm interested in in Beijing (Hotel Jen and Shangri-La Kerry) and I'm wondering if it's worth booking direct or going through Booking.com / Expedia.

I have an Amex Platinum which apparently gets me Jade level membership, but aside from late checkout I'm not really seeing any advantages there as I was planning on booking a "club" room anyway.

Any suggestions?