FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand [Premium Economy and Business Class fares]
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:51 am
Kiwiiflyer

Originally Posted by sbiddle
What determines "overpriced" is really each person's perceived value.
​​​​​​
Considering aircraft seats really follow a supply and demand economic principle and Air NZ have no trouble filling both Business Premier and Premium Economy cabins with paying passengers, basic economics says they're not overpriced.

So no NZ aren't cheap . But why do they need to be? You could easily turn your argument around and ask why the Chinese carriers need to literally give seats away.
Having travelled Quantas , Thai , Singapore , Fiji Airways , China Airlines , Cathay and Air New Zealnd around Asia Pacifc , States and Europe my perception is they are over priced and don't offer any better service than the other Airlines I have flown on . The fact that you fly direct to Vancouver , Taipei etc etc yes means they can dictate there price from supply and demand which they do by a considerable amount of money . Because I don't not travel for Business but instead for holidays I can have the luxury of taking a longer flight ( in most cases by a few hours ) and save myself a lot of money in the process and get a equally better service . For people who haven't flown a lot I am sure it's handy to know Air NZ isn't the only way to fly and there's more than one way to skin a cat and save a buck . Thank you for your feedback .

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 19, 2019 at 3:46 am Reason: Merge two consecutive posts by same member