FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select M Life Policy changes and thoughts on the MGM/Hyatt relationship in 2019
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:45 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It was certainly news to me after decades in the program when I discovered it 5 years into the relationship with MGM...
The ability to charge MO venue purchases to rooms at other MGM Resorts properties predated even the Mlife program!

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I was told that Mastro's in the City Center can not be billed to the room so the policy apparently isn't consistent with all establishments and the ownership
The reason is that Crystals is no longer owned by MGM/Dubai World. It was sold off to Simon a few years ago. It used to be possible to charge from Crystals restaurants to rooms at Mlife properties - I remember doing it from Social House back in the day.

EDIT TO ADD: As I mention in my edited post above, the MO/WA building was actually sold by MGM/City Center last year and that is what prompted the management change to WA. So I'm very surprised to hear that charging at WA to other Mlife properties is possible, and sorry for my irrelevant sidetrack if so.

Last edited by gengar; Feb 19, 2019 at 12:03 am