FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE $3/night AC Hotel by Marriott Times Square Nov 24th Booking, NOT being honored
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:22 pm
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by light02
Probably we need to bring up the case to Marriott instead of dealing with the hotel manager. Why wouldn't they cancel any overpriced booking as price drops? It is ridiculous.
If the hotel average room rate of $199 and accidentally listed it as 199,000 and you booked a non-refundable rate thinking it was $199, I have full faith Marriott will cancel the error overpriced rate

Had the rate in dispute in this thread been something more possible (or believable) say $60 or something, I can imagine some people fell as if was a genuine sale and hotel should pony up. But $3 is clearly a mistaken fare for reasonable person, so I don't see why hotel franchise would honor that.

As for legal, I am not sure it is a formal contract or if it is really a "invitation to treat" situation when the price is shown on the website. I just dont see enough injustice that effected users would file a class lawsuit. And I don't see enough injustice for general public sympathy that it will rally public support for all the Marriott members that didn't get their $3 /night hotel.

Last edited by yeunganson; Feb 18, 2019 at 10:30 pm