FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:01 pm
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by 108912
I so agree and this has always been a great 'why' for me.

The three routes that I find with the worst catering in J and F are SYD/JNB/CPT - LHR.

The irony being all three of these routes originate in countries with amazingly GREAT food.

I guess it's down to how much BA is prepared to pay the caterers.

As for F flights ex UK i've taken to ask to see the CW menu when flying F especially for the starters. I get so sick of a 'timbale' or 'terrine' or 'mousse' of something (ie the minced up cheap leftover bits) when they have actual simple decent stuff for starters in CW
Laughing at the 'timbales, terrines and mousses'

The new CW catering does have some starters I like too. In F it's a lottery if you get a chocolate from the secret box passing. In CW at least there are some snacks to choose from if the food doesn't appeal. Economy too - on some flights. If I ever see another chocolate dome I'll launch myself out of the plane in the shell. BA simply can't do First Class right now. The service is consistently inconsistent. I'd still choose F before CW whenever available using avios. I was considering using BA to JNB on an upcoming trip to Africa. This thread is helping me decide to choose Emirates for part of the journey, where it fits with plans.

BA management needs to read FT re F reviews.