FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:14 pm
drjeffrock

Hi everyone! I'd love your input on where I should credit my air travel (between FB and DL Skymiles). I have a couple trips coming up that will give me status for 2020, I'm just not sure where to credit them, or which program to use. (Trips are LAX-BKK via AMS on KLM metal and ticket and LAX-CDG AF metal and AF ticket, all on Z fare.) Stated differently: I am trying to figure out if Delta GM or FB Gold will benefit me more. Part of me thinks that I should go with Delta due to RDM earned, as well as the fact that if I fly J for intl flights, I should already have access to lounges.

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?
>>> Reply: Good redemption rates for business-class travel, lower/waived fees for SDC, lounge access.

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?
>>> Reply: Approx 50k miles

3. What fare class do you usually buy?
>>> Reply: Business for Intl, Coach for domestic flight less than 3.5 hours. I am not a giant, but at 6 feet 4 inches, I have no desire to sit in coach on a TATL/TPAC flight. I'd rather pay to fly J than chance it on an upgrade clearing.

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
>>> Reply: Yes. I travel mostly for pleasure. I own a business and may do a little increased traveling for work, perhaps 1 x 2 transcon flights per year (LAX-NYC).

5. Which routes do you fly most often?
>>> Reply: LAX-CDG due to family in Paris. For domestic: LAX to SFO, LAX to PDX, and LAX to NYC, in that order.

6. What is your home airport?
>>> Reply: LAX

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?
>>> Reply: Currently have Gold with AA and FO with Delta.

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?
>>> Reply: Whichever one has the largest/widest business class seat on the destination I am headed to.

Last edited by drjeffrock; Feb 18, 2019 at 3:29 pm Reason: Added additional info