FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:13 pm
BarelyBAGold

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
You paid £2k return for a direct LHR-JNB flight, which is very keen pricing for J class, let alone F. BA appears to be increasingly willing to price F in line with the quality of the product so that they can sell it rather than having seats go out empty / filled up with redemptions, which makes perfect sense and I can only believe will continue as the new CW is eventually rolled out. The flip side of that is you can't expect the wine list and catering to be the same quality as F on carriers that never reduce their F class pricing below twice what BA charges.

The service issues are sad and having experienced the same in the past, I sympathise. The lounge also I will not attempt to defend.
I'm heading GLA-JNB-CPT with F on the LHR-JNB sectors in a few weeks time. got the tickets for around £2.1K each in a special promotion last summer. price is around same as we paid last 3 trips to CPT in J (AF x 1 and QR x 2). Flew to SFO in F on the A380 a few months ago and was generally impressed, but cabin crew can make flight enjoyable or otherwise for us travelling public and most of the time in my experience BA crew do very well.