FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WW "airlines to go bust"
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:19 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Some person
In that situation (fee for paying by credit card), your risk management department should determine the appropriate payment method. Credit card = high fee but low risk; bank transfer = low fee but high risk.
Loganair states:In other words, it looks as if the routes from NCL will be cancelled until late March. If it was planned, then maybe planes would have been ready to immediately take over the routes?
The tickets were so cheap, in the €39 - €59 range, that I figured the loss if something happened was worth the overall saving on credit card fees for all the AB tickets I booked. Towards the end ticket prices were so cheap it no longer was an option to use BAEC Avios for them (whereas it had been earlier, and had bailed me out on various occasions, especially once when germanwings went on strike). Routes I booked for cheap cash were DUS-GVA, DUS-ZRH-, DUS-LIN, as well as DUS-TXL and vv. Routes I booked with Avios were DUS-ZRH, LIN-DUS, DUS-ACE and vv (except for LIN-DUS).

The Silver status gave me a free checked bag when I needed it as well as access to the airberlin exclusive Wartebereich, a sort of waiting area near the gates at DUS with a coffee machine and soda dispenser. It took me quite a while to cotton on that it existed and that I had the right to use it, oddly. Then, suddenly, it was all over. And the coffee machine ran out of beans. And the soda machine ran out of soda.