FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Tickets - 2 free checked bags when traveling with a 2-11 year old?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:20 pm
bmchris

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It says that there is a charge for baggage by you can check in free a stroller or pushchair, “such as a fully collapsible pushchair (stroller), a car seat or a travel cot for free for each infant or child” but you are choosing to leave that out.

You are correct. My understanding is that BA uses such as in a way that it is an example but not fully inclusive. They also use "If you're looking to make a smooth start to your journey, you need to make sure you have the right documents, such as a valid passport and the relevant visas.". https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-visas-and-api So I would take this to mean that passports and visas are some of the things that may be included, but is not conclusive.

Basically my question comes down to what is included in the free item list. Is the "such as" just an example, or fully conclusive. And if you can check bags as the child "item", then is this a loophole? I definitely don't think BA wants folks to take advantage (hence the non inclusive language) but I wonder if people can, given the wording. And finally there is any interpretation by gate agents. So I was more wondering what people know from experience.

Last edited by bmchris; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:27 pm