FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Driskill - Austin - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:44 am
martinplas

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jrlitt
I just booked three nights for later this year with points. I asked about a suite upgrade, and one was available. After Hyatt agent called the hotel to block the suite, she came back and said that the person at the hotel recommended using the upgrade for the King Deluxe room instead of the Junior Suite. Apparently, the deluxe room has nicer decor, but I've never been required to use a suite upgrade for a non-suite room. They seemed to be communicating that I'm not going to like the Junior Suite. I ended up not using the upgrade to check into the matter. Does anyone have an opinion on which room is better? Or whether it is worth using an upgrade at all? I didn't end up using all my upgrades last year, so I'm inclined to use it if there is any benefit, but something seems off about using it for non-suite.
the jr. suite is not worth burning a TSU in. Suites at the HRAustin on the river are a much better value. Only plus I like for the Driscoll are it’s location for nightlife if that’s your thing and if your a globalist the breakfast is better.
The Drscol has constantly tried to up sell to better suites. I think they charged me $150 a night to upgrade to their executive suites