FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:19 am
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket

Haha ! The risks some folks will take to avoid $25 is hilarious. The only thing funnier would be losing the return and having to pay for economy.
I legitimately did not know I needed another one until 12 hours before departure. It doesn’t matter. They accepted the old one, and got the BP’s. The the check-in agent was running around asking supervisors and others about the visa situation. I’m sure others on this fare have presented old visas so CX staff are aware of dealing with it so I would recommend not doing this, but thankfully it worked for me. Check-in agent finally just gave in and gave us our boarding passes.

The F/O called in sick out of JFK on CX831 today. Flight is delayed 8 hours, and may get cancelled. I Have work obligations, and since this is CX’s fault I’m assuming ticket is now fully changeable. I’m in the lounge, but unsure if I want to change the ticket to May or something. When I asked about changing the return to May I was gettig funny looks from airport counter staff.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Feb 18, 2019 at 11:24 am