FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Groups
Thread: Buying Groups
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:32 am
rxgeek

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Wish2BeAnonymous
I have tried the following clubs and here are my review
  1. Pointsmaker - Best in the business. Takes fewer risks. Consistent with somepayment times
  2. MYS Buying Group - Pointsmaker & MYS use the same type of software. Next best. Comes up with slightly more deals than pointsmaker. Once they asked members to return an item. They compensated for the inconvenience.
  3. USA Buying Group - Offers the same deals as MYS. Terrible communications and hardly respond to messages. They also asked to return the same item as MYS. I don't think it went well with the members
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
  5. YRCW - Handles everything through WhatsApp. Personally, I found it inconvenient. Lesser deals.
  6. Buy For Me Retail - Very less number of deals. They offer a lesser amount than other groups for the same deal.
Stores:
Tax free state - If you live in a tax-free state, you will be able to participate in almost all deals. You will ship the products to your home and then ship it to buying groups. Usually buying groups provided shipping labels for qty of 5 or more.

Walmart - Always cancels the order to the buying group address
Best buy - All apple orders to the buying group address cancels. Most other products ships but off late, it has been hit or miss.
Amazon - The easiest. All orders ship.
Google Express - Once google shut google account of members (including Gmail) for shipping to buying groups.
Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you can create another one with same address.
Thank you for your in depth analysis.