FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How full BA Airbus A380-800 (388) SFO to LHR (to Rome)?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:42 pm
RB211

Originally Posted by talkalotflyalot
I'm considering using my American Airlines miles from SFO to get to Rome Oct. 8, 2019, Tuesday, 2 pax interested in SFO to LHR and then to a Rome airport. The plane is British Airways Airbus Flight 284, we could do 286, but prefer the earlier arrival. It's an Airbus A380-800 (388). From traveling on a few Airbuses in different parts of the world, mostly the plane was empty, so we could spread out. If this where to hold true on this flight, I prefer to only use the minimum 30,000. Do you think this flight will be full? If so, then I will get the business class. We understand we'll have to double the miles, but I don't want to waste it, if I can just sleep across seats in cheapo class. Also, which side of plane is better for views when we land and take off from LHR. Thank you.
I believe the 284 is a 747 and the 286 is an A380.

On a Tuesday the loads are generally a bit lower, but honestly it's a bit far out to make a decent prediction. If London were to host a high tech conference that Thursday through Sunday (for example) you may find that plane getting rather full. Anyway, Tuesdays are usually a bit easier as I said, but sometimes SFO-LHR can be fairly full any day of the week.

rb211.