FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:27 pm
davie355

Originally Posted by randix
Few months ago I rented a [new] vehicle from National. It had no plates, it did have the pending registration sticker on the front windshield, right side.

About 2am I got pulled over. The officer "demanded" my license and registration, noting my vehicle had no plates. When he discovered it was a rental vehicle, there was a long sigh, said it has been an increasing "issue" with rental car companies. After verifying my rental, I was on my way.

I was ticked, but any kind of compensation the furthest from my mind. Will I pick out a car without plates again, albeit new? You know the answer to that one!!!!
Comp may not be on your mind, but a pointed letter to the police chief ought to have been. That's disgraceful behavior from a sworn public servant.
"Chief XXX,

<<some platitudes about how the department does important work to keep the community safe>>

I regret to say I was displeased with the conduct of Officer XXX ... I hope you will address the conduct with Officer XXX directly as it was inconsistent with the behavior one expects from a courteous, respectful, and professional police department."
Even if no action is taken, it's good to have that complaint on record.