FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select M Life Policy changes and thoughts on the MGM/Hyatt relationship in 2019
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:53 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
First up for guests that wish to pay for their stays in advance there is a charge to fax your credit card information over to MGM/M Life which I have words for
but will remain respectful here and be the gentleman I try to be
I believe it is in the neighborhood of 10 or 20 dollars for the courtesy of the MGM folks to give you the privilege of their taking your money

Second up I booked 4 nights months ago for March and the rates dropped considerably even on the weekend which it rarely does
The agent @ The M life desk said this would be the last time they would allow me to amend rates and a one time courtesy exception
The agent advised me that in the future they will no longer allow guests to take a lower rate by amending previously booked reservations when rates drop even on fully refundable rates
When I asked what stops me from cancelling my booking and going elsewhere or just re-booking at the new rates and the agent replied that would indeed be possible
I'm sorry, I don't understand what the benefit would be to paying for your stay in advance?

Last edited by steveholt; Feb 17, 2019 at 4:53 pm Reason: formatting