FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:03 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by breakthrough37
Thank you. I am always happy to share information with others.

I was promised 10,000 Courtesy Points on the third or four day of my calls when I was unable to book my flights.
I visited my UR account today to check on my Courtesy Points there was a posting of 5,000 points about three weeks ago and there was additional 5,000 points added after I contacted chase@twitter.
Good to know the 2nd 5000 apology pts are finally in the account as well.

To summarize the resolutions of the ordeal (it really was an ordeal and very encouraging to learn you prevail!) -

1) There is no tech support of any kind that could address the issue.
2) Contacted Exec Office did not work as hoped for, i.e. no assistance had come/
3) It is the Twitter Team finally has made things happened, i.e. someone is assigned to fix the problems that causing you to make a cash purchase.
Thanks again for the link to Chase Twitter Team.
4) They credited back 1.5x UR pts into your account so you can either redeem it as a statement credit to offset the cash purchase or leave that in your UR account.
5) The promised 10K courtesy pts only had 1/2 showed up but after another contact with the Twitter Team, the remaining 1/2 also posted.

I hope the above summary has correctly described what have happened during the several weeks you attempted to get the LAX-CNS tickets booked and the eventually workaround way to get the issues resolved.

Meanwhile we know the UR site has not been stable - up and down and still spitting out wrong prices.
However you were finally able to book the LAX-TPE tickets despite it initially errored out and the site went down.

Is the LAX-TPE a flight by an US airline? Or a codeshare flight i.e. operated by EVA but ticketed by UA?

MisterMechE could not purchase a foreign airline issued ticket, when the end price jumps hugely while other OTAs and Google flights show much lower prices and can readily be purchased else where. I wonder where the potential problems lie.