FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:30 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zymm
Maybe it's just poorly written, but when I was checking the benefit terms just now to see when the 15 nights are supposed to post, the 15 nights were only listed under a section headed 'For accounts opened after 01/01/19'

Did they strip this benefit from older accounts or am I being paranoid?
Huh, interesting. However if I click on Benefits while logged in to my AMEX account and then click "Learn More" I get this page:

https://global.americanexpress.com/c...e-night-credit

which I believe requires a login, but it says at the top: "Coming in 2019: Each calendar year you can receive credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.‡"

and then in the footnote it has the same identical language as on the public benefit terms page.

So I think this is just sloppy copywriting, and the "for cards opened after 1/1/2019" is just a modifier of the first paragraph as a blanket policy. The public page *used* to have language about cards opened before 1/1/2019 and someone probably thought they were being clever by removing that paragraph since it's no longer possible to open a new account before 1/1/2019.

If they were stripping it from older cards you would think they would have made a much bigger announcement (and ensuing outcry...)

Originally Posted by vincewy
Any data point on having regular personal Bonvoy card recently and still being able to get Brilliant Luxury card w/ 100K bonus? I'm not looking at upgrade, but want another personal Marriott card.

I know if you have (or had recently) any of the personal Marriott cards from Chase you're SOL.
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I have the Personal SPG (Bonvoy) and was targeted for the SPG Luxury (Bonvoy Brilliant) card so I was able to do what you’re asking.
Same -- I got the upgrade offer, and then the new card offer, so I did them both (new card first) in the latter half of 2018.