FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:13 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'd agree that the OP should get some sort of compensation. This is a huge issue and Enterprise should throw a few days to the OP for the issues they caused. I'd start with a CS contact on their website. if nothing, then head to social media.

On a similar topic, I was near BUF with a gold Toyota a few years ago. I was stopped along a country road to make a conference call. A pickup truck kept passing me. When I finally got off my call and pulled out, a CBP truck pulled me over. He approached with his gun drawn and scared the crap out of me. After finding out it was a rental and my info was legit, he explained the plate was registered to a black Nissan and not the one I was in.

When I returned the car to the small airport where I rented the car, I explained to the manager and we had a good laugh about it. I had a great relationship with them and didn't want to cause any issues, so I didn't go to corporate or go looking for compensation. They were going to double-check all their plates as it could have been an easy error, or the original plate could have been stolen by a non-employee.