FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Assaulted by Air France Pilot...looking for advice & suggestions
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:18 am
JP10533

Programs: Delta, UAL, & Southwest. Hyatt & Hilton
Thumbs down Assaulted by Air France Pilot...looking for advice & suggestions

Yes, the title is correct: I was physically attacked by an AF pilot the other day and I am trying to determine how to best deal with the situation. And I have part of the attack on video. Here is what happened: Overhead bin latch broke (not by me) and we could not open it. Flight attendant could not open it so the pilot came back. He launched into a verbal attack, yelling that "You broke it, it is very expensive" along with other invective in French. It was embarrassing, disrespectful, and very unprofessional. When I asked his name, telling him that his behavior was inappropriate, he refused, so i tried to take his picture. The Pilot then lunged at me, trying to grab my phone, and in doing so my camera shifted to video mode briefly. It captured him striking me repeatedly and paying hands on me while I repeated "why are you assaulting me?" I never struck him back as he repeatedly layed hands on me, striking my chest, arms and shoulders. I was not badly injured but was profoundly humiliated and in a state of shock.

I am a Delta DM, FC, and 2M (not far off from 3M). This flight was a codeshare connecting to a DL flgiht from CDG to JFK. I have written to both DL & AF, but I am shocked that given the serious nature of what happened, I have not yet received any response. I sent the video, which is pretty shocking (not as bad as the infamous UAL video of the man dragged off of the plane but pretty bad.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what my next steps should be? The AF agent at CDG suggested posting it on social media "to get the bosses off their asses," but not my style. I want to see this properly addressed and I want to be comfortable in flying AF again, as with Delta shifting so much to their (crappy) alliance partners, it is hard to avoid AF.

Any thoughts or suggestions?