FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy - a brand explained
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:17 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by cre95
Seems like we both agree on a point ... per your quote ... "if you really want premium accommodations, you should book them"

As you'll read from my original post (included above as well), with the new Marriott, I have booked suites just to have to battle to get what I have booked once I'm checking in. Totally different experience from what I had in the past. In the past, if I booked something, it was certain I would get either "what I booked" or "better".

My experience now, is book something but you will get "inferior" or "at best, what you booked". No concept of loyalty recognition.
Currently (after we all being Bonvoyed) I have getting upgraded on all my stays.

I did experience a "downgrade attempt" on SPG hotels prior to merge.

But I have to admit, I will definitely need to lowered my expectation after being Bonvoyed especially if I stay at The Luxury Collection Hotel brands (as shown by The Prince Gallery lounge access update)
Wont be surprised if in the future, all Luxury Collection hotels remove lounge benefit altogether.