FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Court Decision In Germany - Passenger does not need to fly last leg
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:04 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alexwuk
So what are the airlines selling?? They are selling a specific series of flights: a proffer of Zurich-Timbuktu-Durban which is accepted and paid for by a Buyer ais not the same product as a realised journey of Zurich-Dubai-Durban, unless you live an airline fares departments.
Ignorance is no defence. Unless you specifically bought a fare which allowed a stopover in the middle city, you bought Zurich to Durban. You the airline gets you there is not for you to say. You arguing the opposite doesn’t make it so.

I didn't say pricing was based on cost, I said cost was based on cost - so consuming less meant a lower cost and therefore a nil loss to the producer of underconsumption Read what I wrote: which is that that extracting "convenience premiums" is a hallmark of Monopoly Pricing. Just because someone is willing to pay more doesn't mean they are "legitimately charged" more: you clearly don't have a qualification in economics! What's a "legitimate" subway fare for a billionaire if it is the fastest journey from where he is to his his next meeting?
I’m not convinced of your qualifications in economics either, to be honest. There is no need for a price to be based on cost or anything else. I don’t know what you mean by cost is based on cost, but there is a clear loss of revenue to an airline in this pricing model if people use hidden city fares. And you keep kicking yourself an own-goal with reference to goods-based arguments over consumption. You are not consuming a good with air travel. You have contracted to be transported to your final destination, and it is not for you to say what routing, whether short or long or circuitous, to take to achieve this.