FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:32 pm
rajp1

Programs: na
What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?

So I was pulled over in an Enterprise rental vehicle, and when the cop ran my license plate/tag he found that the tag did not exist. He then thought that either I or Enterprise was doing something shady, so it led to an hour of waiting there to which he then said he will have to seize the tag as it would be illegal for me to continue driving the car without a valid tag. We then called Enterprise, who claimed the tag was valid, even though it isnt according to the cops system and FL license plate system. The cop eventually was nice enough to put the tag back on the car and said to return the vehicle to Enterprise tomorrow morning and explain the situation. Technically this is a big offense of Enterprise's part as they could have gotten into big trouble for giving out a rental vehicle with no valid tag.

He said I should get some sort of compensation from them out of this for the inconvenience. What should I ask for and what's the most Enterprise or any rental company would give me for this? A month of free rental? Free gas, but how would this work if I don't have receipt?