FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:30 pm
BinSabai

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Thought most people, at least the ones familiar with Thailand and the FCL menu, would catch it that I meant phad thai.

Service: lots of staff standing around in an almost empty lounge and nobody seemed to feel responsible. Always had to go out of my little semi-private room to ask for something and none of the orders were delivered as ordered: asked for water and champagne, only champagne was served and the water never showed up. Since I was a bit short timewise, I ordered a soup and two mains. Only one main came and when I asked for the whereabouts of the second they said they thought I cannot possibly want two mains (so they ignored one). When I was waiting for the ordered food, I went 10 meters down the hall to check out the „buffet“ area. By the time I came back my almost but not completely empty champagne glass had disappeared, But nobody ever asked if I wanted another one. Servers appeared to be under-trained and inefficient.

Not a big deal, but not an impressive experience either.
all familiar with Thailand should know "PT"...
I bet with you that of 20 Restaurants in Thailand you order "PT", in 19 Thai staff have no clue of what you would like...