FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:32 pm
SamuelS

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by indufan
I have the bag I have because it fits on a CR9. As to the "extra 5 minutes"....on what planet? 15 minutes....20 minutes...sometimes a half hour. I can't even begin to tell you how many connections I have made because I didn't pink tag my bag. No, I don't book them that close but delays happen. Doesn't matter anyway. It fits, I will use it.
Agreed. I went out of my way to get a 20" crew series TravelPro rather than a 22" so that it would perfectly fit even the CRJ-100 or Q400 overhead bins for the exact same reasons as above.

I routinely fly on CR7's, CR9's and in the "A" seat up front. My rollerboard goes into the bins wheels first, my backpack under seat in front. I'm curious why the OP think rollaboards should be banned on these aircraft. Whether I put a larger back pack into the bins, or my wheels first Travelpro, the total amount of space used is probably going to be similar.