FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:53 pm
Maelstrom

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by rfrost
...On the subject of which, my sole disappointment was the arrangements made for the much-vaunted Accor Plat welcome drink....
The Accor welcome drink is actually a benefit that is extended to silver members (and above), rather than being a plat-exclusive benefit. Unfortunately, some properties are more generous with this benefit than others (some will only permit soft drinks, while others allow cocktails or spirits). Other properties have separate welcome drinks lists for each tier, but this is rare, in my experiences.

from my reading of the experiences of many FPC members, it is disappointing, and surprising, to hear that the quality of service at these Fairmont properties appears to have dropped post-acquisition. As a Le Club member, I've never had someone say they will give me a late check out as a "one time" occurrence, but I have only stayed at Fairmont once and usually stay at Sofitel, Pullman and Novotel hotels. Are these hotels treating the (lacklustre) "subject to availability" late check out as a massive inconvenience to provide, even if occupancy levels mean that late checkout is available?

I just find the lower standard of service being offered perplexing, because (as a former Accor employee myself) I know that the Accor culture and training is very people-focussed, at least at the properties I have previously worked at.