FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:29 pm
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I have a potentially unanswerable question. Since moving from Gold to GGL I seem to have been missed off certain 'perks', so wondering if the system doesn't have me marked up correctly?

1. On a few of the flights I've taken some GCHers have received a golden hello, whereas I have not (for any of the 12 since qualifying). No problem with that whatsoever - really don't need it - but thought it kind of odd to be selecting specific passengers only.
2. On the last two flights I've not had a blocked seat next to me. Yesterday's OPO-LGW had around 20 empty seats, many of which were blocked according to Seat Alerts, yet my neighbouring middle wasn't. Again, not a problem - kind of an expectation in the logic of travel! - but seems odd to be blocking seats and leaving a large number unfilled, including a full exit row.

I'm probably being crazy needy or something, but I've had, er, 'miscategorisation issues' before - namely being on a CW flight a couple of years back and entirely ignored for food until I went to ask in the galley, they 'thought I was staff' apparently - and wouldn't want to miss out on possible opup/blocked seat perks in the future, which I value greatly.

I often start with a blocked seat but then end up with someone next to me, even when there are seats fully open on ExpertFlyer. One of the more recent ones was with someone who told me it was their first flight on BA so she certainly wouldn't have been a Gold - and it was an E seat on shorthaul so hardly a desirable seat! I also see other seats still blocked on EF when the one next to me has been taken. I don't know whether Bronze or Silvers are meant to unblock first and I assume that Gold and GGL are treated the same by TS?? Seat blocking certainly isn't foolproof in my experience.

I've also seen Gold greetings where i haven't received one, but then on my most recent ET flight earlier this week, I was the only one to be greeted and I know that there were Golds in the cabin.. I suspect that you may just be expecting something different from Gold which really tends not to happen in my experience.