FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA PHX FA Base Expects 700 FAs to Relocate
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:06 am
Austin787

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Interesting. I wonder if this is the beginning of 'downsizing' the combined airline, similar to what UA did with CLE a few years after the merger. I wonder what the combined airline's visualized hubs are. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as: LAX, DFW, MIA, CLT, PHL, with ORD and DCA becoming smaller "mini-hubs". Basically, say "so long" to JFK and PHX, I guess, except for the JFK-LAX/SFO flagship transcons. PHX perhaps to stay as a southwestern focus city?

Or, would AA want to keep its pmAA cornerstone hubs and bid pmUS hubs farewell? I kind of get a feeling that the AA of today would more prefer their pmUS hubs, though, especially as pmUS management is running the show.
Downsizing, or "right sizing" has been going on for the last several years. JFK and ORD to a lessor extent have seen big cuts - I expect NYC (especially JFK) will also see significant staff reductions in the near future. PHX saw some adjustments too, but PHX also gained new routes.