FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mandatory Wellness/Security Check: Hilton Corporate Policy?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:15 am
observer

The property is the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines (San Diego).

This unannounced wellness inspection occurred on the evening (Thursday) of the second day of my stay (I checked in on Tuesday evening).. In fact, I had not only charged lunch to my account several hours before the check, but I had also interacted with the housekeeper on Wednesday and Thursday mornings to get some more water and coffee.

Interestingly, this property does not have “Do Not Disturb” or “Privacy Please” cards to hang on the door. Instead, the sign encourages taking a pass on housekeeping. The sign says “No Service Needed Today.”

I had a very unsatisfactory conversation with the manager on duty (Michael?). When I mentioned that I had just come from another Hilton property and had gone consecutive days without housekeeping and with no intrusive security check, he seemed alarmed, said I would have to tell him the name of the property, and that he would have to report this dire matter to corporate.