FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JB connection at JFK
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:54 am
kq747

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Personally I would schlep the bag over to T5. Handing it over directly to JB is their own terminal is going to minimize the chances of it getting lost
Originally Posted by walttom
That’s a valid point. I’ll look at the logistics when I fly out of JFK. But as long as the bag tag is intact I’m not as worried. I had trouble last year at MIA when I did schlep my bag for recheck at AA and then someone broke in and rifled the contents.
I've never had an issue with losing a bag this way but if your bag isn't too cumbersome getting it onto the airtrain and off can be done without much fuss. There's just a little more walking than I would like when getting off the airtrain in T5 since the station is a little far and I prefer using the escalators as elevators are usually used by pax with carts/wheelchairs.
As far as someone breaking & rifling through your bag, that can happen at any TSA checkpoint no matter the airport. If you don't have a TSA lock, you should get one if you prefer to lock your bags. I haven't in 10 years since I realised that TSA would probably break in anyway and don't pack anything I can't afford to lose.