FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:26 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Anyone who upgraded the Chase Marriott Premier Visa to Premier Plus for, 10k, 20k or more points also is excluded from the bonus for at least 2 years.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who... "or (iii)received a new Card Member bonus or upgrade offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ from Chase, Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months."

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

Bit of a bummer as I'd rather dump the premier plus and get this one. One issue might be travel in Asia.. American Express may not be accepted in as many places???
Originally Posted by Kacee
My Chase account page is showing similar (no adjusted fee though). I'm pretty sure it's an error, as I still have a crappy upgrade offer if I click the upgrade link (https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall).

Pretty harsh. I got the basic Marriott Card about 20 months ago, have not upgraded it, yet this language would seem to exclude me from an upgrade bonus.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just apply directly for the Bonvoy Brilliant card anyway (rather than upgrade)? After all, you then would have two Marriott cards (the Brilliant and the Basic) and then have two free nights instead of one. Yes, the Basic comes with a $95 annual fee - but that is easily recouped by the 35,000 point level free night.

Just be sure to wait >24 months from your last bonus on the Marriott basic card to ensure when you apply for the Bonvoy Brilliant that you're eligible for whatever bonus is in play then. Can't imagine it'll be less than 100k whenever that is.