FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - am I breaking any rules if I let friend/co-woker use my UA *A Gold for overweight bag
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:38 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Wow, I’ve never thought this to be an issue. I’m guessing post #2 was sarcasm?

I travel with non-status coworkers all the time. We always check bags under my name...Several times a year for 2 decades, and however long they’ve been charging non-status folks for bags.

My baggage allowance is 3 pieces up to 70 pounds each. Nowhere does it state that the bags must be owned by me or contain my own skivvies. I see no such mention in the Contract of Carriage, nor any verbiage ANYWHERE that states the bag must belong to me and only me. I’ve even announced this before, saying to the check-in agents, “We’ll check them all under my name...”, in 15 years as a 1K never has an eye been batted, nor a challenge presented.

OP...Non-issue. Check their bag (with the caveat, of course, that they’re not transporting anything illegal). I think the same applies if flying UA or a partner. Not in several years have I been asked anything about who the bag belongs to or whether or not I packed it myself.