FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Bloomberg Report/Theory on Marriott Woes Driving HHonors Enrollments
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:01 pm
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Antarius
It depends. One side is status, the other is benefits. Hilton Diamond is pretty spectacularly underwhelming. So, sure, you get more stays and a higher "comparable" status, but you may not come out ahead in the end.

There's been zero difference in my experience between Plat, Titanium (formerly Plat Premier) and Ambassador. But Plat has been pretty solid, so meh?
For someone who did ... say 30 1 night stays, moving to Hilton Honors definitely give better status and benefit.

The person will have Gold Bonvoy. room upgrade (non suite), 2pm late check out if available and silver benefit
At Hilton he will have Diamond which include upgrade to 1 bedroom suite (and being higher tier, I would say he will have better priority on upgrade) late check out (no specific time but all based on availability anyway) and 2 bottles of water!

I would say he got better benefit at Hilton but obviously he losing the footprint of Marriott.