FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wild speculation on UA's new strategy for Polaris, Upgrades and Award Space
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:33 pm
BB2220

Originally Posted by MrGood
I guess this thread brings the assumption that UA thinks it's FF program is stellar, as the only logical reason why they'd price their fares higher than the competition for the same routes. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good, but it has a lot of room for improvement! And I don't believe the new Polaris lounges & seats will draw any more than an OK profit. Wonder how long UA will go about this strategy before their profits slump or FF customers have had enough?
Whatever the reason, UA has no problems filling up the front of the aircraft. They don’t price because they think they have a good product, they know they don’t. And if a quality product influenced price SQ would be the highest in every market. What UA does have are hubs in high revenue business markets with industries that require lots of last minute travel, Tech, O&G, Banking, so why discount a product just to sell early when you know there’s a good chance of selling at a much higher price later, when you have the only available product left. Contrary to popular belief on this site, the Polaris cabin is not just there for the FF community