FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying first class is great until something goes wrong...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:13 pm
Christefan

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
What policy are you referring to?

This is simply not true. If you are a paid F pax, you can voluntarily downgrade on the next flight and be confirmed on the flight. This is very different than being standby on the flight at all, where the UG list is processed before folks who aren't even confirmed on the flight yet.

However, on the upgrade list (not standby list) you should have been above comp UGs. If you werent, ask for a Red Coat.

They can make sure you are properly coded on the UG list as an inconvenienced, F ticketed pax waiting for an F seat/the upgrade.

I had this exact same scenario happen to me and the Red Coat who came said any customer, but especially DM can always ask for Red Coat for this type of technical assistance (as he said most purple agents just rebook without properly recoding you).
You are correct, that if you get rebooked onto a different flight where FC is not available and you get confirmed onto the flight, then you will have priority over others in your medallion tear. Atlanta is a station that "zeros out" all flights in FC for the day if they show heavy loads in coach. In my case, reservation could not confirm a FC seat until the next day because all remaining flights for that day showed 0/0 (avail/auth). Standby passengers take a back seat to any confirmed passenger even when holding a FC ticket. That was my point.