FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:34 am
chris63
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
@chris63 – I see you eventually decided to give Brummieland International another try, I hope the traffic wasn't too bad. As bizarre as it sounds, I miss BHX, the plane-commuting days, the afternoon scones at the Aspire (with the furnishings looking much better, though), the staff welcoming me with a smile and a "Hello G, did you have a good week at work?" ("Yes, glad to see the back of it as ever" ), the free copy of The Times down in the quiet corner opposite gate 42 (great view of the apron) and the usual chat with the Lithuanian gate agent attending the 19:25 service to Copenhagen... You brought some good memories there!

P.S.: the other lounge (No.1, I used to head there when flying SN) is a tad better, at least you can get a decent fish finger sandwich

G
Traffic was amazing, just 8 hours Stoke to Airport door

if at at all possible I won’t be doing BHX again & yes whilst trudging to the toilets one has to pass the No1 lounge..... it did look quite inviting & somewhere I would have liked to Aspire to